TAMPA DUI DEFENSE LAWYERS
YOU HAVE 10 DAYS TO PUT A STOP TO LICENSE SUSPENSION. CALL (813) 689-0911 NOW!
If you have been charged with an alcohol-related offense or crime, you probably have questions. You may want to know what penalties you could face and you probably want to know how you can avoid them or how they could impact your life. At Wagner McLaughlin, we put our skill, experience, and knowledge to work to make sure your rights and interests are protected after an arrest.
We can assist with the following drunk driving-related cases:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Aggravated or extreme DUI
- DUI involving high Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) levels
- Public intoxication
- DUI-related driver’s license issues
- Any other alcohol-related offense
If you are facing any of the above charges, having an effective and qualified defense can be critical to the outcome of your case. For DUI cases in particular, it will be imperative that you retain legal counsel immediately. The ability to challenge the automatic administrative license suspension is only open for 10 days after arrest. Once those 10 days pass, you will no longer have the chance to contest your license suspension.
DRUNK DRIVING LAWS 101
Even people who have never experienced a run-in with the law can find themselves facing serious criminal charges due to a drunk driving arrest. Whether the consequences involved in your case includes fines, probation, jail time, or other penalties, you may want to know what your future holds. A criminal arrest can have a ripple effect on things like your driving privileges, your ability to operate commercial vehicles, pursue a new career, or apply for colleges or scholarships.
Keep the following issues in mind immediately after an arrest:
- YOUR MIRANDA RIGHTS: REMEMBER THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT AND YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REQUEST REPRESENTATION BY AN ATTORNEY. ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU WOULD PREFER NOT TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS WITHOUT YOUR LAWYER PRESENT.
- BLOOD ALCOHOL CONCENTRATION LEVELS (BAC): IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, IT IS ILLEGAL TO OPERATE A VEHICLE WITH A BAC LEVEL OF .08% OR HIGHER. THE LEGAL LIMIT WILL BE MUCH LOWER FOR COMMERCIAL DRIVERS (.04%) AND UNDERAGE DRIVERS (.0% OR ZERO TOLERANCE).
- BREATHALYZER TESTS AND STANDARDIZED FIELD SOBRIETY TESTS: POLICE OFFICERS MUST HAVE PROBABLE CAUSE TO MAKE AN ARREST FOR DUI. IN ORDER TO OBTAIN EVIDENCE, POLICE OFFICERS MAY ASK YOU TO SUBMIT TO A BREATH, BLOOD, OR SOBRIETY TEST. FLORIDA’S “IMPLIED CONSENT” LAWS WILL MEAN THAT ALL LICENSED DRIVERS WILL NEED TO SUBMIT TO THESE TESTS AND FAILURE TO DO SO COULD LEAD TO ARREST.
- ADMINISTRATIVE LICENSE SUSPENSION HEARINGS: IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING AN ARREST FOR DUI, YOU WILL ONLY HAVE UP TO 10 DAYS TO REQUEST AN ADMINISTRATIVE HEARING. THIS HEARING WILL BE YOUR CHANCE TO CONTEST A LICENSE SUSPENSION OR REVOCATION.
MORE QUESTIONS? CONTACT WAGNER MCLAUGHLIN FOR A CONSULTATION.
We know that facing any type of arrest can be overwhelming, or frightening for some. Do not think that you have to take on the upcoming legal process on your own. With the help of aggressive Tampa DUI defense attorneys, you may have the opportunity to see your charges reduced, dismissed, or acquitted.
All initial consultations are completely risk-free and confidential. For more information or to get started on your case, call our firm at !